I am just relaxing this Sunday night after returning from New York City where I was with my mom and sister, celebrating my momma's 50th birthday that is coming up :)
We had an amazing time, it was the first time just the three of us have gone away and it was awesome!!
It was such a busy weekend and we saw a lot! Here are some highlights from the trip, if anyone needs suggestions or an itinerary- let me know :)
- New York Public Library- gorgeous! breathtaking!
- Grand Central Station
- "Top of the Rock"-Rockefeller Centre
- THE FOOD!!!
A little more on that last point, we all love to eat so this was the perfect city to go to! We ate like kings, and because all of the restaurants we went to were so fresh- we didn't feel sluggish or sick the whole weekend! Even with all the wine we enjoyed! haha
Here are some restaurants we checked out:
- Eataly by Mario Batali -by far my favourite experience of the trip, will go back to NYC just to go back here.. amazing food, amazing wine, amazing atmosphere.
- Food Hall by Todd English (Concourse Level of the Plaza Hotel) -delish! so fresh! great atmosphere and basically any kind of food you could ever want -pizza, sushi, pasta, seafood, etc. etc.
- Mercato in Hell's Kitchen -very small, very quaint, great rustic feel and delish authentic Italian Food, homemade pastas, breads.. I was drinking the leftover tomato sauce, literally.
- The Hurricane Club -Hawaii meets New York! The decor is palm trees, the atmosphere is "party" and the food is steak and seafood- amazing experience, fabulous service, awesome food and the tastiest drinks!
We stayed at the Intercontinental Times Square- I would stay here again in a heart beat. It was clean, comfortable, big rooms, great service and an awesome location, on a quieter street just steps away from Times Square and Broadway!
Overall it was just such a great experience, check out our experience here in this short slideshow I made of some of our memories...